The Department of Social Services invites you to participate in the online survey – Empowering Migrant & Refugee women survey.
The purpose of this survey is to gain information from your perspective about the key gaps and issues in delivering services to migrant and refugee women, and key priority areas for the Government to undertake in addressing these issues.
The Department of Social Services has commissioned, on behalf of Australian Multicultural Council, the Australian institute of Family Studies (AIFS) to undertake this important research.
The research will focus on two specific cohorts of particularly vulnerable migrant women:
- Current/former refugee and humanitarian entrants (including Woman at Risk visa holders) who have completed their involvement with Settlement Services and have been in Australia for approximately five years or more
- Women who are current or former family stream migrants, and have been in Australia for approximately five years or more.
The keys aims of the project are to identify good practice services and/or programs for these migrant and refugee women and their families, gaps in service and/or program delivery in the post-settlement period, and key priorities for the Government to undertake in filling these gaps.
The research will comprise three key phases, including:
- stakeholder consultations to better understand the types of services and programs available
- an online survey for service providers to help identify barriers and gaps in service delivery
- targeted follow-up interviews to explore best practice principles in the delivery of services to migrant and refugee women.
Participation in the online survey
The survey will take around 15-20 minutes to complete. Participation in this survey is voluntary and confidential and you may wish to stop participating at any time by not pressing the “submit” button.
Data collected as part of this research will be kept confidential in line with the Privacy Act 1988 and held anonymously in accordance with AIFS Ethics Committee Policy and only members of the research team will have access to the survey data.
The online survey is open from 23 August 2013 and will run for about 4 weeks until 20 September 2016.
To participate, click on the following link to be directed to the online survey: Empowering Migrant and Refugee Women Online Survey
If you would like more information, please contact the Department of Social Services at email@example.com or call the Australian Institute of Family Studies on 03 9214 7888. The primary contact at the Institute for this project is John De Maio.