On behalf of the Pasifika Women’s Alliance, we thank all the attendees of our very first PWA Domestic Violence & Abuse Awareness Day that took place last Friday, 26th May.
In particular, we thank our special guest speakers and the following organisations that were a part of our event:
- Office for Women and Domestic Violence Reform
- Queensland Police Services
- Moreton Bay Regional community Legal Service
- University of Queensland
- Department of Immigration & Border Protection
- Wani Erick, Pacific Islander PHD Student
We also thank Rev. Eleanor Halapua Mancini & Aunty Wynn Te Kani for opening our event and our PWA Chaplain, Aunty Terani Lima for closing our event in Prayer.
We look forward to working with our communities again to raise awareness and aid the fight to end domestic violence and abuse!