The Pasifika Women’s Alliance is a non-political, nonsectarian, not-for-profit culturally diverse network consisting of women who have migrated to Australia from 22 Pacific Island countries and territories. The alliance seeks to build and strengthen a Queensland sisterhood of Pacific Islander women and to raise the awareness of members as to their rights and responsibilities as citizens and encourages their participation in all aspects of community life.
The objectives of PWA include:
- Identify the key Pacific Islander issues in the wider QLD community;
- Support Pacific Islander women living in QLD to address the issues and escalate to appropriate services or networks;
- Develop women and youth to be better leaders in the wider community
- Promote healthier and stronger families;
- Encouraging diverse cultural heritage for future generations;
- Empower women in Pacific Island communities by sharing appropriate opportunities for networking, education and social enterprise
The management of PWA has always been lead community members on a volunteer basis and our PWA AGM 2023/24 saw the following women elected as the PWA Board 2024.
We take this opportunity to thank the outgoing PWA board and sub-committee members for the contributions made to make 2023 another successful year for PWA. We reflect on the great achievements as well as all the learning opportunities that have been presented to assist us in building more engaged, interconnected and flourishing communities through supporting our women.
We look forward to serving our communities in 2024!